Australian Shepherds are medium-sized dogs that stand between 18 and 23 inches tall and weigh up to 70 pounds.
The Miniature Australian Shepherd is slightly smaller, standing between 13 and 18 inches tall with females generally on the smaller side and weighing between 20 and 40 pounds.
Do Australians bark a lot?
The answer to this question will differ from individual Australian dog to individual. Since the individual personality of all Australians will be different, we cannot say that all Australian Shepherds bark a lot. However, most Australian Shepherds bark a lot. In fact, they are also considered a noisy breed. They may bark at strangers, other animals, etc. The solution to control their barking habit is to provide them with regular training.
One of the main reasons Australians bark too much could be a lack of sufficient physical activity. When Australians do not get enough exercise and physical activity, they are prone to destructive behavior.
- An Australian Shepherd typically weighs between 40 and 65 pounds. He is considered to be a medium sized dog.
- They have a double coat, with a soft, dense undercoat and a thick topcoat.
- Australians are known for their intelligence and loyalty.
- They are typically 18-23 inches tall (but I have one that didn’t get over 16)
- They have a lifespan of 12-15 years.
- Australian Shepherds can be found in a variety of coat colors, including black, blackbird blue, blackbird red, red, and sable.
- Australian Shepherds are very easy to train and are often used as therapy dogs.
- The breed is prone to hip dysplasia, eye diseases and epilepsy.
- Australian mums typically give birth to between four and six pups. (and each one will be super cute, guaranteed)
Want to know more about the breed? Here’s an article I wrote about his breed characteristics, it’s full of useful information.
Typical growth of a male Australian Shepherd
- At 3 months of age, a male Australian Shepherd will weigh approximately 21-26 pounds.
- At 6 months of age, a male Australian Shepherd will weigh between 39 and 49 pounds.
- At one year of age, a male Australian Shepherd will weigh between 53 and 67 pounds.
- At 3 months of age, an Australian Shepherd will weigh approximately 14 to 21 pounds.
- At 6 months of age, an Australian Shepherd dog will weigh between 26 and 39 pounds.
- At one year of age, an Australian Shepherd will weigh between 34 and 53 pounds.
What do Australian Shepherds like to live with?
What is the temperament of the Australian Shepherd like? Australian Shepherds are loyal, trustworthy, and calm companions. When it comes to their love of the game, they never get past the puppy stage. That is why they are excellent with children, and the more active the better. But they have a gentle nature that prevents their game from getting rough. They are also eager to work – give them a job and they will do it with plenty of energy to spare.
Australian Shepherds can be a bit aloof at first. However, over time, they will become comfortable with new people and come out of their shells. They have excellent guarding instincts and a strong sense of loyalty to their families. Australian Shepherds will bark when strangers approach the house and will sometimes walk around the house a few times just in case.