Lamentation is one of the many forms of Pomeranian vocal communication. Normally, Pomeranian dogs tend to complain when they are looking for attention, when they are excited, when they are anxious or when they are trying to calm you down. So, how to stop a Pomeranian puppy from whining? Let’s find out that answer here.
Stopping a Pomeranian from whining
Why is this happening and how to stop it?
There are several reasons why your dog may bark when you leave him alone and you are about to leave, some of them could be:
- They are bored
- They need to release some energy
- They fear something.
- They become anxious about being left alone
Pomeranians are notorious for having sensitive stomachs, making them picky eaters with a lot of digestive problems.
Dental difficulties, internal blockages, poor responses to medicine, changes in the environment, allergies, incorrect food composition and other concerns affect the eating habits of Pomeranians.
– Won’t eat
If you train using positive reinforcement (or are just feeding him) and your Pomeranian isn’t interested in the food he normally inhales, something is up. Barring any medical reasons, he is probably stressed or anxious. Change the environment for him to be more comfortable and then he will eat. He can eat too, but eat a lot. This is also a sign of stress.
Pomeranian puppies can be the best companion a man could wish for, especially as they are so small.
However, even small dogs are prone to stress, usually because of their diminutive size. Your little Pomeranian might be daunted by the vastness of the world, but with the right technique, you can help him live a happier life, check it out.
These tips will make this task easier:
- Puppy Pom should have her last meal 30 minutes before bedtime. In older dogs, it should be a snack rather than a meal.
- Ten minutes before bed, take him outside to go to the bathroom to avoid problems during the night.
- Finally, you should take him to where his bed is set up and make sure he’s comfortable and has everything he needs.
- Go to bed yourself or at least try.
- If your Pomeranian is anxious because he’s in a new home and can’t sleep, read on to find out what to do for him.
If he wakes up during the night, take him to the bathroom again. This is no time to play around, so don’t do it. Otherwise, he’ll want to play every night. Set your alarm clock to decide when to take you to the bathroom instead of having it dictate the terms.